Total Calories: 73
1. Shell and devein shrimp. Sprinkle with sherry and let stand 10 to 15 minutes, turning occasionally.
2. Cut bean curd in 1-inch cubes. Cut scallion in 1/2-inch sections. Crush garlic. Meanwhile heat oil.
3. Add bean curd cubes to oil, several at a time, and deep-fry until golden. Drain On paper toweling.
4. Heat remaining oil. Add salt, then garlic and scallions stir-fry a few times. Add shrimp and stir-fry until pinkish.
5. Quickly stir in soy sauce and sugar to blend then cook, covered, 1 to 2 minutes over medium heat.
6. Return bean curd, stirring gently, only to heat through. Serve at once.
* For the bean curd, substitute 4 slices slightly stale white bread. (Remove crusts, cut in cubes, then deep-fry until golden.)
* In step 5, omit the soy sauce. Add 3 tablespoons catsup and a pinch of salt with the sugar. Stir-fry with the shrimp 2 minutes then pick up step 6.
The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook. ©1994 by Gloria Bley Miller.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.