Total Calories: 156
1. Shell and devein shrimp. Sprinkle with salt and pepper then add cornstarch and toss to coat.
2. Peel cucumbers. Cut lengthwise in half and seed then cut crosswise in 1/4-inch slices. Slice onion thin. Crush garlic. Mince ginger root.
3. Heat oil. Add garlic stir-fry a few times. Add onion and stir-fry until translucent (1 to 2 minutes).
4. Add shrimp and stir-fry until pink (2 to 3 minutes). Add sherry stir-fry until it evaporates. Remove ingredients from pan.
5. Heat remaining oil. Add remaining salt, then minced ginger root stir-fry a few times. Add cucumber slices and stir-fry over medium heat until translucent (1 to 2 minutes).
6. Return shrimp, stir-frying only to reheat. Serve at once.
* For the cucumbers and onion, substitute 2 or 3 green peppers, diced.
The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook. ©1994 by Gloria Bley Miller.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.