Total Calories: 246
1. Shell and devein shrimp. Mince or crush garlic.
2. Mince ginger root then combine in a cup with soy sauce, sherry, sugar and pepper. In another cup, blend cornstarch, cold water and remaining soy sauce to a paste.
3. Heat oil. Add salt, then garlic, and stir-fry a few times. Add shrimp stir-fry until pinkish (about 2 minutes).
4. Add ginger-soy mixture and stir-fry 1 minute. Then add catsup stir-fry 1/2 minute more.
5. Stir in stock and heat quickly. Then cook, covered, 2 minutes over medium heat.
6. Stir in cornstarch paste to thicken and serve at once.
* For the catsup, substitute 1 to 2 tablespoons oyster sauce.
* Omit the ginger-soy mixture in step 2, but add the minced ginger root in step 3 with the garlic. In step 4, add to the shrimp 2 teaspoons sherry and 1/4 cup stock cook, covered, 2 minutes over medium heat. Then stir in 1/4 cup catsup to coat the shrimp evenly. Omit step 5. Pick up step 6.
The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook. ©1994 by Gloria Bley Miller.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.