Total Calories: 243
1. Soak fermented black beans.
2. Shell and devein shrimp. Crush garlic.
3. Mince ginger root then combine in a cup with soy sauce, sherry, sugar and pepper. In another cup, blend cornstarch, cold water and remaining soy sauce to a paste.
4. Heat oil. Add salt, then garlic, and stir-fry to brown lightly. Add shrimp stir-fry until pinkish (about 2 minutes).
5. Add ginger-soy mixture and stir-fry 1/2 minute more. Add soaked black beans stir-fry another 1/2 minute.
6. Stir in stock and heat quickly. Then cook, covered, 1 to 2 minutes over medium heat.
7. Stir in cornstarch paste to thicken and serve at once.
The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook. ©1994 by Gloria Bley Miller.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.