Total Calories: 270
1. Soak fermented black beans.
2. Shell and devein shrimp. Slice green peppers and dried onion.
3. Mince garlic then mash with soaked black beans in one cup. In another, blend cornstarch and cold water to a paste.
4. Heat oil. Add salt, then black bean mixture, and stir-fry a few times. Add shrimp stir-fry 1 minute.
5. Add green pepper and onion stir-fry to soften slightly (1 to 2 minutes).
6. Stir in stock and heat quickly. Then cook, covered, over medium heat, until done (2 to 3 minutes).
7. Stir in sugar and soy sauce to blend. Then stir in cornstarch paste to thicken. Serve at once.
* At the end of step 7, stir in 1 egg, beaten. (Remove from heat as soon as egg begins to set.)
The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook. ©1994 by Gloria Bley Miller.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.