Total Calories: 210
1. Blanch and toast almonds.
2. Shell, devein, and butterfly shrimp. (Leave tail segments intact.)
3. Mince ginger root then add to shrimp, along with cornstarch and salt. Toss to coat.
4. Mince celery crush garlic. Combine soy sauce, sherry and water.
5. Heat oil. Brown garlic and discard. Add shrimp stir-fry until pinkish (about 2 minutes).
6. Add minced celery and pepper stir-fry 2 minutes more. Quickly stir in soy-sherry mixture and stir-fry another minute. Garnish with almonds and serve at once.
* For the almonds, substitute walnuts.
The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook. ©1994 by Gloria Bley Miller.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.