Total Calories: 118
1. Soak dried mushrooms reserve soaking liquid.
2. Shell and devein shrimp. Mince shrimp and garlic then combine with cornstarch, sugar, soy sauce and salt. Beat egg then blend in well. Form into walnut-size balls.
3. Bring water to a boil. Carefully drop in shrimp balls, a few at a time, and cook gently until they float (3 to 4 minutes). Drain, discarding liquid.
4. Meanwhile peel tomatoes and chop to a pulp. Dice pepper in 1-inch squares. Cut celery stalks and scallions in 1-inch sections. Crush remaining garlic. Slice soaked mushrooms.
5. Blend remaining cornstarch, soy sauce and sugar to a paste with the mushroom-soaking liquid.
6. Heat oil. Add remaining salt and garlic stir-fry to brown lightly. Add green pepper, celery and mushrooms, and stir-fry a few times. Then cook, covered, 2 minutes over medium heat.
7. Add scallions and stir-fry until translucent (1 to 2 minutes more).
8. Add shrimp balls and tomato pulp stir in to heat through.
9. Then stir in cornstarch mixture to thicken and serve at once.
The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook. ©1994 by Gloria Bley Miller.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.