Total Calories: 259
1. Shell and devein shrimp. Mince ginger root then combine with sherry and soy sauce. Add to shrimp and toss. Let stand 15 minutes, turning occasionally.
2. Dice green pepper, onion and celery. Blend cornstarch and cold water to a paste.
3. Heat oil. Add shrimp and stir-fry until pinkish (2 to 3 minutes). Remove from pan.
4. Heat remaining oil. Add salt, then diced vegetables stir-fry to soften slightly (1 to 2 minutes).
5. Stir in stock and heat quickly. Then cook, covered, 2 to 3 minutes over medium heat.
6. Return shrimp stir in only to reheat and blend flavors (about 1 minute). Then stir in cornstarch paste to thicken, and serve at once.
The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook. ©1994 by Gloria Bley Miller.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.