Total Calories: 270
1. Shell, devein and butterfly shrimp. (Leave tail segments intact.)
2. Blanch bean sprouts. Shred sweet pickles. Crush garlic.
3. Mince ginger root then combine in a cup with sherry, sugar and soy sauce. In a second cup, blend cornstarch, cold water, pepper and remaining soy sauce to a paste.
4. Heat oil. Add salt, then garlic, and stir-fry to brown lightly. Add shrimp stir-fry until pinkish.
5. Add ginger-sherry mixture stir-fry 1 1/2 minutes more.
6. Add bean sprouts and pickles and stir-fry another minute.
7. Stir in stock and heat quickly. Then cook, covered, 1 to 2 minutes over medium heat.
8. Stir in cornstarch paste to thicken and serve at once.
* For the bean sprouts, substitute any of the following: 1 pound broccoli, broken in flowerets and parboiled 1 pound string beans, cut in 2-inch lengths and parboiled or 1/2 pound snow peas.
The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook. ©1994 by Gloria Bley Miller.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.