Total Calories: 342
1. Shell and devein shrimp. Mince ginger root and scallion then add to shrimp, along with sherry. Let stand 10 minutes, turning occasionally.
2. Meanwhile cut each bean curd cake first in half, then in 4 slices. Blend cornstarch and cold stock to a paste.
3. Heat oil. Add bean curd stir-fry gently until lightly browned. Remove from pan.
4. Heat remaining oil. Add shrimp and stir-fry until pinkish. Sprinkle with soy sauce, sugar and salt stir-fry 1/2 minute more to blend.
5. Stir in cornstarch paste to thicken. Then return bean curd and stir in gently to reheat. Serve at once.
* In step 1, toss the shrimp in a mixture of 1 teaspoon cornstarch, 1 teaspoon ginger juice and 1/2 teaspoon salt. In step 3, add to the hot oil 1/2 leek stalk, minced then add the bean curd. In step 4, for the soy sauce, substitute sherry.
* In step 5, add with the bean curd 1 cucumber, peeled and cut in thin strips.
The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook. ©1994 by Gloria Bley Miller.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.