Total Calories: 239
1. Cut scallops as in recipe above. Mince ginger root. Cut scallions in 1-inch sections. Blend cornstarch and cold water to a paste.
2. Heat oil. Add salt, then ginger root and scallions stir-fry a few times. Add scallops and stir-fry to cook through (2 to 3 minutes).
3. Stir in cornstarch paste to thicken, and serve at once.
* In step 2, add with the scallops either 1 or 2 green peppers, diced or 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced.
* For the cornstarch paste, substitute 2 tablespoons soy sauce and 1 teaspoon sugar. Add in step 3, stirring in to blend.
The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook. ©1994 by Gloria Bley Miller.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.