Total Calories: 305
1. Soak dried mushrooms.
2. Thaw shrimp. Add salt and water and let stand a few minutes. Drain shrimp, then rinse several times with fresh water. Drain again and blot dry with paper toweling.
3. Dice Chinese cabbage, bamboo shoots, canned and soaked mushrooms and water chestnuts. Stem and dice snow peas. Crush garlic.
4. Blend cornstarch, water, sugar and pepper to a paste.
5. Heat oil. Add shrimp, stir-fry 2 minutes then remove from pan.
6. Heat remaining oil. Add garlic stir-fry to brown lightly. Then add all vegetables, except snow peas, and stir-fry to coat with oil (about 1 minute).
7. Stir in stock and heat quickly. Then cook, covered, over medium heat, until nearly done (about 2 minutes).
8. Add snow peas and stir in 1/2 minute. Return shrimp stir in only to reheat (about 1/2 minute more).
9. Stir in cornstarch paste to thicken and serve at once.
The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook. ©1994 by Gloria Bley Miller.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.