Total Calories: 196
1. Cut lobster meat in 1-inch cubes. Blend cornstarch and cold water to a paste add to lobster cubes and toss gently to coat.
2. Slice mushrooms. Cut scallion stalks in 1-inch sections.
3. Mince garlic then combine with soy sauce and sherry.
4. Heat oil. Add scallions stir-fry a few times. Add mushrooms and stir-fry until nearly done (2 to 3 minutes). Remove vegetables from pan.
5. Heat remaining oil. Add salt and lobster cubes. Stir-fry until cubes begin to curl at the edges (about 3 to 4 minutes).
6. Quickly stir in garlic-soy mixture. Then return mushrooms and scallions. Stir-fry to reheat and blend flavors (about 2 minutes more). Serve at once.
* For the mushrooms, substitute any of the following: 1 cup bamboo shoots, carrots, celery, green pepper or snow peas, cut in strips.
* In step 1, coat the lobster cubes with a batter made of 1 egg, beaten 1/4 cup flour and 1 1/2 tablespoons water.
* In step 3, add to the garlic-soy mixture 3 slices fresh ginger root, minced.
The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook. ©1994 by Gloria Bley Miller.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.