Total Calories: 278
1. Blanch and toast almonds.
2. With a cleaver, chop lobster lengthwise in half then clean. Chop, shell and all, in 1/2-inch cubes.
3. Slice celery diagonally in 1/4-inch sections. Slice bamboo shoots 1/4-inch thick, then in 3/4-inch squares. Drain canned mushrooms. Crush garlic.
4. Mince ginger root then combine with stock, sherry and sugar.
5. Heat oil. Add salt, then garlic, and stir-fry a few times. Add lobster stir-fry 1 minute. Add vegetables and stir-fry 2 minutes more.
6. Stir in ginger-stock mixture and heat quickly. Then cook, covered, 3 minutes over medium heat.
7. Meanwhile blend cornstarch, soy sauce and cold water to a paste then stir in to thicken. Sprinkle with sesame oil garnish with toasted almonds and serve.
NOTE: This dish is also called Subgum Lobster.
* For the whole lobster, substitute 2 lobster tails. Discard shell and cut meat in Y2-inch slices.
* For the vegetables, substitute any of the following: asparagus, bean sprouts, Chinese cabbage stems, cucumbers, green peppers, fresh or dried mushrooms, or onions. Or any of the following, parboiled: broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, Chinese turnips, green peas or string beans. (All, with the exception of the bean sprouts and green peas, should be diced.)
The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook. ©1994 by Gloria Bley Miller.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.