Total Calories: 244
1. Soak dried mushrooms.
2. Clean squid and cut in 2-inch pieces. Slice onion and soaked mushrooms.
3. Mince ginger root then combine in a cup with soy sauce and sherry. In another cup, blend cornstarch and cold water to a paste.
4. Heat oil. Add squid and stir-fry to coat with oil (about 1 minute).
5. Add ginger-soy mixture stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes more. Remove squid from pan.
6. Heat remaining oil. Add sliced onion and mushrooms stir-fry until onion is translucent. Then return squid.
7. Add stock and salt and heat quickly. Then cook, covered, 2 minutes over medium heat. Stir in cornstarch paste to thicken and serve at once.
The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook. ©1994 by Gloria Bley Miller.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.