Total Calories: 224
1. Clean squid and cut in 1-inch squares.
2. Slice bamboo shoots, celery and dried onion. Stem and blanch snow peas.
3. In one cup, combine stock, sugar and soy sauce in another, blend cornstarch and cold water to a paste.
4. Heat oil. Add salt, then squid stir-fry to coat with oil (about 1 minute).
5. Add sliced vegetables and stir-fry 1/2 minute more.
6. Add stock-sugar mixture and heat quickly. Then cook, covered, over medium heat until vegetables are nearly done (2 to 3 minutes).
7. Stir in blanched snow peas to heat through. Then stir in cornstarch paste to thicken. Serve at once.
The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook. ©1994 by Gloria Bley Miller.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.