Total Calories: 379
1. Soak dried scallops in sherry 2 hours, turning occasionally. Drain and discard sherry.
2. Cut string beans diagonally in 3 sections then parboil.
3. Place scallops in a pan with water. Bring to a boil then simmer, covered, until soft (15 to 20 minutes).
4. Add soy sauce and cook, stirring, over high heat until the liquid has nearly evaporated.
5. Heat oil. Add scallops and stir-fry over low heat until they come apart in shreds and are dry. Remove from pan.
6. Heat remaining oil. Add parboiled string beans and stir-fry 2 minutes.
7. Add stock and heat quickly. Then cook, covered, over medium heat, until beans are nearly done (about 2 minutes). Return scallop shreds only to reheat, and serve at once.
* For the string beans, substitute either 1 cup peas, parboiled or 2 to 3 cups Chinese cabbage, cut in 2-inch sections.
The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook. ©1994 by Gloria Bley Miller.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.