Total Calories: 218
1. Separately soak dried oysters and dried mushrooms.
2. Dice bamboo shoots, water chestnuts and soaked mushrooms. Mince soaked oysters. Cut lettuce in strips arrange on a serving platter.
3. In one cup, combine sherry, salt, soy sauce and pepper. In another, blend cornstarch and cold water to a paste.
4. Heat oil. Add minced oysters and stir-fry a few times. Add diced vegetables stir-fry 1 minute.
5. Add sherry mixture stir-fry 1 minute more. Add stock and heat quickly. Then cook, covered, 2 to 3 minutes over medium heat.
6. Stir in cornstarch paste to thicken. Spoon mixture over lettuce and serve.
* For the diced vegetables, substitute 1 cup celery, 1 cup Chinese cabbage and 1/2 cup snow peas, all minced.
* In step 3, add to the sherry mixture 1 slice fresh ginger root, minced, and a few drops of sesame oil.
* In step 3, add to the cornstarch paste 1 tablespoon oyster sauce, 1 teaspoon soy sauce and a few drops of hot sauce.
* In step 4, add, with the oysters, 1 cup lean pork, minced or ground. Stir-fry until the pork loses its pinkness then add the vegetables.
The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook. ©1994 by Gloria Bley Miller.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.