Total Calories: 317
1. Soak dried mushrooms.
2. Slice bamboo shoots and soaked mushrooms. Stem snow peas.
3. Heat oil. Add salt, then snow peas, and stir-fry until bright green (less than 1 minute). Remove from pan.
4. Heat remaining oil. Add mushrooms and bamboo shoots stir-fry to coat with oil (about 1 minute).
5. Add soy sauce, sugar and stock and heat quickly. Then simmer, covered, 3 minutes.
6. Return snow peas and stir-fry only to reheat. Serve at once.
* In step 4, first stir-fry briefly 1 garlic clove and 1 slice fresh ginger root, both minced. Then add the mushrooms and bamboo shoots.
* In step 4, also add 1 cup celery, 1/2 cup water chestnuts and 2 tablespoons cloud ear mushroom (soaked), all sliced. Stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes with the mushrooms and bamboo shoots. In step 5, increase the stock to 1/2 cup.
The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook. ©1994 by Gloria Bley Miller.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.