Total Calories: 236
1. Shell and devein shrimp. Cut onion in half then slice thin.
2. Blend cornstarch, water, sugar and pepper to a paste.
3. Heat oil. Add salt, then shrimp, and stir-fry 1 minute. Sprinkle shrimp with sherry stir-fry until pinkish (about 1 minute more), then remove. Clean and dry the pan.
4. Add curry powder stir in 1/2 minute over low heat. Add onion and stir-fry until curry smells pungent (about 1 minute more).
5. Return shrimp. Stir in stock and heat quickly. Then cook, stirring, until onion softens.
6. Stir in cornstarch paste to thicken and serve at once.
The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook. ©1994 by Gloria Bley Miller.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.