Total Calories: 56
1. Soak bêche-de-mer then boil until soft (see HOW-TO, _Bêche-de-mer: To soak).
2. Separately shred pork, bamboo shoots and beche-de-mer. Mince ginger root. Cut scallion stalk in 1/2-inch sections.
3. Combine sherry, soy sauce and water.
4. Heat oil. Add pork and stir-fry until it loses its pinkness. Add shredded bêche-de-mer stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes more.
5. Add bamboo shoots and stir-fry 1/2 minute. Stir in sherry-soy mixture and heat quickly. Cook, covered, 3 minutes over medium heat.
6. Stir in sugar, minced ginger and scallion. Stir-fry 1/2 minute more. Serve at once.
The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook. ©1994 by Gloria Bley Miller.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.