Total Calories: 227
1. Blanch bean sprouts. Cut pork in matchstick-like strips.
2. Combine cornstarch, sherry, sugar, salt and soy sauce. Add to pork and toss to coat. Let stand 15 minutes, turning meat occasionally.
3. Heat oil. Add bean sprouts stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes, then remove from pan.
4. Heat remaining oil. Add pork and stir-fry until it loses its pinkness (about 2 minutes).
5. Add stock and heat quickly. Then cook, covered, 2 to 3 minutes over medium heat.
6. Return bean sprouts, stir in only to reheat. Sprinkle with remaining salt and serve at once.
* For the pork, substitute lean beef, chicken, duck or shrimp.
* In step 3, add with the bean sprouts any of the following, slivered: bamboo shoots, celery, cucumbers or mushrooms.
The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook. ©1994 by Gloria Bley Miller.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.