Total Calories: 237
1. Trim off tough asparagus ends set tips aside. Cut stalks in 1-inch lengths and parboil. Beat egg lightly.
2. Combine cornstarch, salt and stock in a saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring.
3. Slowly stir in some heated stock with beaten egg. Then add egg mixture to pan and cook, stirring, over medium heat until stock thickens. Keep warm.
4. Heat oil in another pan. Add asparagus stalks and tips stir-fry until tender but still crisp (about 3 minutes). Stir in sherry and remaining salt.
5. Transfer asparagus to a serving platter. Pour the warm egg sauce over and serve at once.
* For the whole egg, substitute 2 egg whites.
The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook. ©1994 by Gloria Bley Miller.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.