Total Calories: 93
1. Soak dried mushrooms.
2. Drain canned abalone and cut in 1/8-inch slices. Reserve liquid. Cut bamboo shoots and soaked mushrooms in 1/8-inch slices. Cut scallion stalks in 1-inch sections.
3. Heat oil. Stir in salt, then bamboo shoots and mushrooms stir-fry to heat through.
4. Add abalone liquid and sherry. Bring to a boil then cook, covered, 3 minutes over medium heat.
5. Gently stir in abalone slices and scallions and bring to a boil again. Serve at once.
* For the dried mushrooms, substitute 1 cup canned button mushrooms.
* At the end of step 5, thicken with a cornstarch paste made of 1 tablespoon cornstarch, 3 tablespoons cold water and a few drops of sesame oil.
The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook. ©1994 by Gloria Bley Miller.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.