Total Calories: 218
1. Drain canned abalone and cut in 1-inch cubes. Reserve liquid. Bone and skin chicken breast, then dice. Slice bamboo shoots.
2. Cut fresh asparagus in 1-inch sections. Parboil until tender but still crisp.
3. In a bowl, combine abalone liquid, stock, sherry, sugar and salt. In a cup, blend cornstarch and cold water to a paste.
4. Heat oil. Add chicken cubes and stir-fry until they lose their pinkness. Add abalone and bamboo shoots stir-fry only to heat through (about 1 minute).
5. Add asparagus sections, then stock-sherry mixture. Bring to a boil, stirring gently.
6. Stir in cornstarch paste to thicken and serve at once.
The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook. ©1994 by Gloria Bley Miller.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.