Total Calories: 4
1. Soak fermented black beans.
2. Mince pork and garlic. Mash soaked beans and add to meat along with soy sauce, sherry and salt. Blend in well.
3. Cut bitter melons lengthwise in half. With a spoon, scoop out the seeds and spongy white pulp at the center. Stuff with meat mixture.
4. Arrange bitter melon, stuffing-side up, on a heatproof dish. Steam until done (about 30 minutes). See HOW-TO, _Steaming.
* For the pork stuffing, substitute 1/2 pound fish fillets, 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon sugar and 1/8 cup water blended together.
The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook. ©1994 by Gloria Bley Miller.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.