Total Calories: 43
1. Shell and devein shrimp.
2. Mince ginger root then combine with soy sauce and sherry. Add to shrimp and toss. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes, turning occasionally.
3. Transfer shrimp and its marinade to a shallow heatproof dish. Steam over low heat until shrimp turn pink (15 to 20 minutes). See HOW-TO, _Steaming.
* In step 2, add to the marinade 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon sugar and a dash of pepper.
* Omit step 2. Sprinkle the shrimp instead with 2 tablespoons sherry before steaming. Then season with salt to taste and serve cold.
* In step 3, add with the shrimp 2 cakes bean curd, sliced or cubed or 1/2 cup fresh mushrooms and 1/4 cup water chestnuts, both sliced.
The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook. ©1994 by Gloria Bley Miller.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.