Total Calories: 69
1. With a cleaver, chop lobster lengthwise in half then clean. Chop each half, shell and all, in 1 1/2-inch sections. Chop claws in two. Arrange lobster, meat-side up, on a heatproof platter.
2. Mince or grind pork, scallions and ginger root beat eggs lightly. Then combine, together with oil, soy sauce, sherry, salt, sugar and pepper. Blend well.
3. Spread mixture over lobster and stream until done (about 30 minutes). See HOW-TO, _Steaming. Garnish with shredded lettuce and serve.
* For the lobster, substitute 6 crabs.
* For the pork mixture, substitute either of the following combinations:
- 1/4 pound pork, minced 1 teaspoon fermented black beans (soaked), mashed together with 2 garlic cloves, minced 2 eggs, lightly beaten 1 tablespoon smoked ham and 1 scallion stalk, both minced and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- 1/4 pound pork, minced 4 dried black mushrooms (soaked), minced 4 water chestnuts, minced 1 tablespoon oil, 1 teaspoon sherry, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon sugar and the white of a Chinese salt egg. (After spreading mixture over lobster, mash the yolk of the salt egg and sprinkle on top.)
The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook. ©1994 by Gloria Bley Miller.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.