Total Calories: 68
1. With a cleaver, chop lobster lengthwise in half, shell and all then clean. Split claws. Place lobster, meat-side up, on a heatproof platter.
2. Mince scallion stalk and sprinkle over lobster, along with salt, sherry and oil.
3. Steam until lobster shell is bright red (15 to 20 minutes). See HOW-TO, _Steaming. Serve at once.
* In step 2, add, with other ingredients, 3 slices fresh ginger root, minced and 1 teaspoon soy sauce.
* Omit the oil in step 2. Then, at the end of step 3, heat the oil plus a few drops of sesame oil until nearly smoking. Pour over lobster and serve.
The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook. ©1994 by Gloria Bley Miller.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.