Total Calories: 51
1. Soak dried oysters.
2. Shell and devein shrimp then mince or grind along with pork, fish, scallions, garlic and ginger root.
3. Blend in cornstarch, sugar, salt and pepper, mixing well. Roll soaked oysters in mixture to coat, shaping each into a ball.
4. Place oyster balls on a shallow heatproof dish and steam 20 minutes (see HOW-TO, _Steaming). Let cool, then refrigerate either several hours or overnight.
5. Beat eggs lightly. Dip oyster balls in egg then dredge in cracker meal (or fine bread crumbs).
6. Meanwhile heat oil. Add oyster balls a few at a time and deep-fry until golden. Drain on paper toweling and serve, with a seafood dip (search for "Category: Seafood Dips").
NOTE: These oyster balls, prepared in advance and deep-fried at the last minute, are usually eaten as snacks.
The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook. ©1994 by Gloria Bley Miller.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.