Total Calories: 242
1. Prepare any of the Green Pepper Stuffing mixtures.
2. With a sharp knife, cut the tops off peppers then scoop out the seeds. Stuff peppers with filling mixture replace the tops as lids.
3. Stand stuffed peppers upright in a pan. Add stock, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then simmer, covered, 1 hour.
4. Remove peppers, leaving liquids in pan. Then blend cornstarch, soy sauce and cold water to a paste and stir in to thicken liquids. Pour sauce over peppers and serve.
* After step 2, place peppers upright in a heatproof bowl and steam 45 minutes. (See HOW-TO, _Steaming.) Omit steps 3, 4 and 5.
The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook. ©1994 by Gloria Bley Miller.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.