Total Calories: 186
1. Shell and devein shrimp. Then mince with smoked ham.
2. Blend egg white into shrimp mixture, along with salt, sugar, cornstarch and soy sauce. Form into walnut-size balls.
3. Bring water to a boil and carefully drop in shrimp balls, a few at a time. Cover and cook gently until they float (3 to 4 minutes). Drain, discarding liquid.
4. Place shrimp balls in a large tureen. Bring stock to a boil and pour over. (The richer the soup stock, the better the dish).
NOTE: These shrimp balls may be prepared a day or two in advance and refrigerated.
* In step 1, omit the ham and add 1 slice fresh ginger root, minced. In step 2, omit the sugar, cornstarch and soy sauce add 1 tablespoon sherry.
* In step 3, instead of cooking the shrimp balls in water, bring the stock (in which they're to be served) to a boil then simmer shrimp balls, covered, 5 minutes.
The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook. ©1994 by Gloria Bley Miller.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.