Total Calories: 264
1. Shell and devein shrimp then mince or grind with water chestnuts, scallion stalk and ginger root.
2. Beat egg and blend into mixture, along with cornstarch, salt, pepper and stock. Form into cakes, as in step 2 above.
3. Heat oil. Pan-fry shrimp cakes over medium heat until cooked through and golden on each side. Remove from pan.
4. Meanwhile cut Chinese cabbage stems in 1-inch sections and blanch.
5. Heat remaining oil. Add remaining salt, then Chinese cabbage. Stir-fry to cook through (about 2 minutes). Return shrimp cakes cook, covered, only to reheat. Serve at once.
NOTE: The shrimp mixture can be pan-fried as 1 large pancake, then cut in 3/4-inch cubes and reheated.
The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook. ©1994 by Gloria Bley Miller.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.