Total Calories: 96
1. Shell, devein and butterfly shrimp, leaving the tail segments intact.
2. Cut each bacon strip in two and wrap one half around each shrimp. Sprinkle lightly with pepper.
3. Heat oil. Pan-fry shrimp on both sides until pinkish.
4. Add catsup and cook, stirring occasionally, until shrimp are done (about 2 minutes more). Serve hot.
* In step 2, dip the bacon-wrapped shrimp in beaten egg. Then sprinkle with the pepper.
* In step 4, substitute for the catsup a mixture of 3/4 cup stock, 1 tablespoon cornstarch and 1 teaspoon soy sauce. Cook, stirring, over medium heat until mixture thickens.
The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook. ©1994 by Gloria Bley Miller.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.