Total Calories: 307
1. Soak dried mushrooms.
2. Cut cabbage in 2-inch cubes and parboil. Cut carrot in 1 1/2-inch strips and parboil. Cut bamboo shoots in similar strips. Peel and slice cucumber. Stem snow peas.
3. Combine stock, salt, sugar and soy sauce.
4. Heat oil. Add cabbage and stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes. Add remaining vegetables stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes more.
5. Add stock mixture and heat quickly. Cook, covered, 3 to 4 minutes over medium heat. Serve at once.
* Shred all the vegetables. Then, in step 4, stir-fry only 1 to 2 minutes. In step 5, add to heated stock 1/4 pound vermicelli (soaked), cut in 3-inch lengths.
The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook. ©1994 by Gloria Bley Miller.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.