Total Calories: 308
1. Separately soak dried black mushrooms, cloud ear mushrooms and lily buds.
2. Blanch and shell chestnuts. Cut soaked mushrooms in half if large.
3. Discard tough ends of asparagus cut stalks in 1 1/2-inch sections. Cut bamboo shoots in matchstick-like strips sliver ginger root.
4. Heat oil. Add ginger root and stir-fry a few times. Add black mushrooms and chestnuts stir-fry 2 minutes. Add cloud ear mushrooms stir-fry a few times to coat with oil.
5. Add stock and soy sauce then cook, uncovered, 10 minutes over medium heat, stirring frequently. Remove ingredients from pan.
6. Heat the second quantity of oil. Add asparagus and bamboo shoots and stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in salt then remove vegetables from pan.
7. Heat remaining oil. Add lily buds stir-fry 2 minutes. Then stir in remaining soy sauce.
8. Return mushrooms and chestnuts to pan and cook, covered, 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
9. Return asparagus and bamboo shoots. Sprinkle with sugar and stir-fry only to reheat. Serve at once.
NOTE: To keep the ingredients from drying out in step 5, add more stock as needed, 1 tablespoon at a time.
The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook. ©1994 by Gloria Bley Miller.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.