Total Calories: 46
1. Shell and devein shrimp then mince with unrendered leaf lard. Knead together in a mixing bowl.
2. Dissolve salt in water and add, along with egg white and flour. Stir mixture by hand in one direction 15 to 20 minutes.
3. Pick up mixture and toss vigorously back into bowl. Repeat several times. (The mixture will now be whitish.)
4. Continue stirring and tossing until mixture is quite stiff and pinkish. (Squeeze a small amount of the mixture into a bowl of cold water. If it holds its shape well and is not sticky, it's ready.)
5. Meanwhile heat oil. Place some shrimp mixture in the palm of the hand then make a fist and squeeze mixture through the hollow between thumb and index finger, shaping it into as round a ball as possible. Drop shrimp balls carefully into hot oil.
6. Deep-fry a few at a time, heat enough oil to float shrimp balls. (Don't crowd: allow room for stirring and for even browning.) Reduce heat to medium and deep-fry, turning shrimp balls occasionally, until golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and repeat process until mixture is used up, reheating oil each time. Then drain on paper toweling and serve.
The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook. ©1994 by Gloria Bley Miller.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.