Total Calories: 436
1. Prepare a sweet-and-pungent sauce (search for "Category: Sweet-and-Pungent Sauces").
2. Clean and shell lobster. Cut meat in 1/2-inch cubes and sprinkle lightly with salt.
3. Combine sugar and soy sauce then add to lobster cubes and toss gently. Let stand 15 minutes, turning occasionally. Drain, discarding marinade.
4. Beat egg lightly. Dip lobster cubes in egg then dredge in flour.
5. Deep-fry as in Basic Deep-fried Lobster and drain on paper toweling.
6. Reheat sweet-and-pungent sauce. Pour over lobster and serve.
* For the marinade in step 3, substitute 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 teaspoon soy sauce.
* Omit step 4 and coat the cubes instead with the batter (or its variations) given in Basic Deep-fried Lobster.
The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook. ©1994 by Gloria Bley Miller.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.