Total Calories: 487
1. Prepare a sweet-and-pungent sauce (search for "Category: Sweet-and-Pungent Sauces").
2. Pick over crabmeat then mince, together with scallions. Chop mushrooms coarsely and add. Blend in oyster sauce, sherry, salt and pepper. Shape mixture into walnut-size balls.
3. Beat egg. Dip crabmeat balls in egg then dredge lightly in cornstarch.
4. Heat oil. Add crabmeat balls, a few at a time, and deep-fry until golden. Drain on paper toweling.
5. Reheat sweet-and-pungent sauce. Stir in crabmeat balls only to reheat.
The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook. ©1994 by Gloria Bley Miller.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.