Total Calories: 198
1. Prepare the filling (from the Edit Tap, click to open recipe and follow instructions) and let it cool slightly.
2. Peel lotus root and cut in 1/8-inch slices.
3. Spread filling evenly over one slice then cover, sandwich-style, with a second slice. Repeat until done.
4. Beat egg together with water then blend in flour and salt to make a batter. Dip lotus root "sandwiches" in batter to coat. Let dry a few minutes then dip in batter again.
5. Heat oil add "sandwiches" a few at a time, and deep-fry until golden. Drain on paper toweling and serve.
* In step 2, cut the lotus root in ~-inch slices then cut each slice in half, but not clear through. Stuff the filling between the still-joined halves then press the edges together.
* In step 4, make the batter with 2 eggs, beaten 2 tablespoons cornstarch and 2 tablespoons flour.
The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook. ©1994 by Gloria Bley Miller.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.