Total Calories: 364
1. Shell, devein and butterfly shrimp. Marinate as in the second or third variation (from the Edit Tap, click to open recipe and follow instructions), then deep-fry. (Reserve the marinade.)
2. Slice bamboo shoots thin also Chinese cabbage stems, celery, water chestnuts, onion and mushrooms.
3. Cut snow peas in 2 or 3 pieces. Split scallions in half lengthwise then cut crosswise in 1-inch sections. Crush garlic.
4. Blend cornstarch, soy sauce, sugar and pepper to a paste.
5. Heat remaining oil along with sesame oil. Add salt and garlic stir-fry to brown lightly. Add all vegetables except scallions and stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes to heat through.
6. Add reserved shrimp marinade and stir-fry 2 minutes more.
7. Add scallions stir-fry a few times. Then add stock and heat quickly. Cook, covered, over medium heat, until vegetables are nearly done (about 3 minutes).
8. Stir in deep-fried shrimp to reheat. Then stir in cornstarch paste to thicken and serve at once.
The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook. ©1994 by Gloria Bley Miller.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.