Total Calories: 227
1. Deep-fry shrimp (from the Edit Tap, click to open recipe and follow instructions).
2. Dice carrots and parboil. Dice bamboo shoots. Slice ginger root and leek.
3. In one cup, combine sugar, catsup, sherry, soy sauce and vinegar. In another cup, blend cornstarch and cold water to a paste.
4. Heat remaining oil. Add salt, then ginger root and leek stir-fry a few times.
5. Add carrots and bamboo shoots and stir-fry briefly to heat through.
6. Add sugar-catsup mixture stir-fry 2 minutes more to heat and blend.
7. Stir in deep-fried shrimp only to reheat. Then stir in cornstarch paste to thicken and serve at once.
The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook. ©1994 by Gloria Bley Miller.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.