Total Calories: 226
1. Deep-fry shrimp (from the Edit Tap, click to open recipe and follow instructions).
2. Mince chili peppers, garlic and ginger root. In a cup, combine sugar, soy sauce, sherry and salt.
3. Heat remaining oil. Add chili peppers, garlic and ginger root stir-fry to brown lightly (1 to 2 minutes).
4. Stir in sugar-soy mixture and heat quickly.
5. Stir in deep-fried shrimp only to reheat then serve at once.
* For the chili peppers, substitute a few drops of Tabasco Sauce and add in step 5.
* Omit the chili peppers. Reduce the sugar to 1 teaspoon. In step 1, deep-fry the shrimp only 2 minutes. Return as in step 5 to reheat. Then stir in 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper, 1 tablespoon catsup and 1 tablespoon Chinese chili. Serve at once.
The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook. ©1994 by Gloria Bley Miller.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.