Total Calories: 240
1. Deep-fry shrimp (from the Edit Tap, click to open recipe and follow instructions) but only for 1 to 2 minutes.
2. Remove bread crusts and cut bread in 2-inch cubes (or approximately the size of the shrimp). Slice water chestnuts.
3· In one cup, combine soy sauce, sherry, salt and sugar. In another cup, blend cornstarch and cold water to a paste.
4. Reheat deep-frying oil. Add bread cubes and deep-fry until golden. Drain on paper toweling arrange on a serving platter.
5. Heat remaining oil. Add water chestnuts stir-fry a few times. Add deep-fried shrimp stir-fry 1/2 minute to reheat.
6. Add soy-sherry mixture and bring quickly to a boil. Then simmer, covered, 2 minutes.
7. Stir in cornstarch paste to thicken. Spoon mixture over bread cubes and serve at once.
NOTE: Slightly stale bread is best for the croutons.
The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook. ©1994 by Gloria Bley Miller.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.