Total Calories: 159
1. Shell, devein and butterfly shrimp, leaving the tail segments intact.
2. Blanch and toast almonds chop coarsely. Shred bacon, then mix with almonds. Place about 1/2 teaspoon of mixture on each shrimp. Re-close shrimp, pressing its edges to seal in filling. Sprinkle lightly with salt.
3. Beat egg. Holding shrimp by the tail, dip first in egg, then in flour to dredge lightly. Meanwhile heat oil.
4. Add shrimp and deep-fry until golden. Drain on paper toweling and serve at once.
* For the almonds and bacon, substitute walnuts and smoked ham.
The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook. ©1994 by Gloria Bley Miller.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.