Total Calories: 254
1. Deep-fry shrimp (from the Edit Tap, click to open recipe and follow instructions).
2. Shell and parboil peas.
3. In one cup, combine sherry, soy sauce, salt and pepper. In another cup, blend cornstarch and cold water to a paste.
4. Heat remaining oil. Add deep-fried shrimp and parboiled peas stir-fry briefly to heat through. Add sherry-soy mixture and bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly.
5. Stir in cornstarch paste to thicken, and serve at once.
* For the peas, substitute the following (diced, and in any combination): smoked ham, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, or snow peas.
* Instead of coating shrimp with batter, as in Basic Deep-fried Shrimp, dredge in a mixture of 1 tablespoon cornstarch and 1 teaspoon salt. Deep-fry until pinkish and drain on paper toweling. Omit steps 3 and 5. In step 4, add with the shrimp and peas 2 teaspoons sherry and stir-fry 2 minutes. Then serve at once.
The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook. ©1994 by Gloria Bley Miller.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.