Total Calories: 276
1. Soak dried mushrooms.
2. Dice carrots and parboil. Dice soaked mushrooms. Peel and slice potatoes as for french-fries then parboil and drain well. Dredge potatoes lightly in cornstarch.
3. Heat oil and deep-fry potato strips until golden. Drain on paper toweling.
4. Heat remaining oil. Add salt, then carrots and mushrooms stir-fry to coat with oil.
5. Add sherry and stock and heat quickly. Then cook, covered, 2 to 3 minutes over medium heat.
6. Meanwhile, blend remaining cornstarch to a paste with sugar, soy sauce and water. Then stir in to thicken. Add deep-fried potatoes stir in only to reheat. Serve at once.
* After step 5, for color, add 1 tablespoon green peas, parboiled.
The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook. ©1994 by Gloria Bley Miller.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.