Total Calories: 247
1. Shell oysters then season lightly with salt and pepper. Mince scallions.
2. Coat oysters with any of the batter combinations "Deep-Fried Oyster Batter-A, B or C."
3. Heat oil. Add oysters, a few at a time, and deep-fry until golden. Drain on paper toweling. Garnish with scallions and serve.
* Instead of seasoning the oysters with salt and pepper, toss them in a mixture of 1 tablespoon sherry and 1 teaspoon salt. Then coat with batter.
* In step 2, add the minced scallions to the batter mixture.
The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook. ©1994 by Gloria Bley Miller.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.