Total Calories: 265
1. Deep-fry lobster, marinating it as in the first Variation (from the Edit Tap, click to open recipe and follow instructions). Drain and set aside.
2. Slice canned button mushrooms, snow peas, bamboo shoots, onion and water chestnuts. Slice Chinese cabbage stems and celery, both diagonally. Crush garlic.
3. Mince ginger root then combine with oyster sauce and sherry.
4. Heat oil and sesame oil. Add salt, then garlic stir-fry a few times. Add vegetables and stir-fry 2 or 3 minutes.
5. Add ginger-oyster sauce mixture stir-fry 1 minute more.
6. Add stock and heat quickly. Then cook, covered, 3 minutes over medium heat.
7. Meanwhile blend cornstarch, sugar, soy sauce and cold water to a paste. Then stir in to thicken. Add lobster cubes only to reheat. Serve at once.
* In step 4, add after the salt and garlic, 3/4 cup chicken or lean pork, shredded stir-fry until pork or chicken loses its pinkness. Then, in place of the vegetables listed above, stir in the following, all shredded: 3/4 cup each bamboo shoots, Chinese cabbage and celery 1/2 cup fresh mushrooms and 1/4 cup water chestnuts.
The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook. ©1994 by Gloria Bley Miller.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.