Total Calories: 163
1. Soak dried oysters.
2. Shell, devein and butterfly shrimp, leaving the tail segments intact.
3. Mince fish fillets, bacon, smoked ham, Chinese sausage, scallion, garlic, ginger root and soaked oysters.
4. Beat egg and add to minced ingredients, along with cornstarch, salt and pepper. Blend mixture to a smooth paste.
5. Roll each shrimp in about 3 tablespoons of this paste to coat. (First oil the palms of the hands lightly with peanut oil to prevent sticking.) Meanwhile heat deep-frying oil.
6. Beat remaining egg. Holding shrimp by the tail, dip first in egg, then in cornmeal to dredge lightly. Add shrimp to oil, 1 at a time, and deep-fry until they float. Drain on paper toweling.
7. Shred lettuce and arrange on a serving platter with shrimp on top. Chop Chinese parsley sprinkle over as a garnish. Serve hot, accompanied by lemon wedges.
NOTE: For the fish fillets, use sea bass, pike or haddock.
* For the Chinese sausage, substitute 1 tablespoon dried duck (soaked).
The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook. ©1994 by Gloria Bley Miller.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.